The KIBDC roll is to act as a liason with developers to communicate the leasing and development process. and negotiate partnerships and joint ventures.

Negotiation Process:
- Initiate contact with KIBDC
 - If development is a direct Lease/Sublease. Contact Lands, Leasing & Taxation Department.
 - If development is a partnership or joint venture, KIBDC will discuss the projects and review the evaluation process.
 - Submit a Letter of Intent (subject to KIBDC Board approval)
 - Submit a Business Plan (subject to KIBDC Board approval)
 - Negotiate a partnership agreement.
 - Execute a joint venture agreement.


The Lands, Leasing & Taxation (LLTX) Department administers all Leases/Subleases and other legal documents (subright/subinterest) under the sections 53/60 delegation of authority for designated, reserve and band member lands.

Leasing Process (Subject to fees):
- Pre-application/groundwork phase ("Use" consistent with the Land Use Plan. Community Comprehensive Plan and Designation).
 - Application (use, term, land, corporate search) and approvals by Chief & Council/KIBDC Board. The application agrees to complete the requirements within a 90 day timeframe.
 - Requirements (survey, appraisal, environmental, insurance, access, development/master plan, draft lease/sublease, etc.)
 - Finalize, execute and approve Lease/Sublease and registration.

Archeological Overview Assessment (AOA)

The Natural Resources (NR) Department is responsible for conducting all archeological assessments as per the Cultural Heritage Bylaw (subject to fees).

At project initiation:
 - An AOA is required.
 - An in-house archeologist will conduct a search of the BC Archeology Branch's Remote Access Archeological Data (RAAD) database, review traditional use studies and consult any other pertinent reports on the project area (approximately one week).

Upon completing of the AOA:
 - The potential of the proposed development site will be determined and whether or not an Archaeological Impact Assessment (AIA) is required (see "Development" section).


The planning & Engineering (P&E) Department will assist from initial review of infrastructure capacity; initiate the Development Approval Board (DAB) process, provide exisiting infrastructure records, and issue earthworks permits, building permits and business licenses.
In addition, the P&E Department works with the City of Kamloops, the Ministry of Transportation and Highways on transportation, growth strategies, water, sewer and the environment.

Development Approval Process Bylaw:
 - All development/master/subdivision plans are subject to the approval and recommendations of the DAB and its advisors (City of Kamloops Fire Department, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure and Health Canada, etc.).
 - The develoment/master/subdicision plans applications ensures design controls are met (as per CLC Design Controls Package).
 - After approval-in-principle and the Lease/Sublease application approvals. DAB approves the Development/Master/Subdivision Plan.

 - Master/Subdivision/Development Plan.
 - Engineered drawing submission (3 copies)
 - Review process & recommendations.
 - Resubmission (if required).
 - Approval-in-principle.

Archaeological Impact Assessment

The AIA is triggered by the AOA process and is required prior to any approval for an Earth Works Permit (land altering activiity).

The AIA includes subsurface testing withing the project area. If materials are recovered, site management options are made. A plan (site mitigation) is developed in order for the project to proceed. As land id altered, an onsite monitor (subject to fees) may be required during construction.

Business License And Permits

The P&E Department will assist with the existing and new developments on the Ttes lands which require planning, coordinating and regulation.

Business License is required to conduct any business on the Ttes. Requirements include (subject to fees):
 - Application.

Earthworks Permit is required to conduct any earth moving activities on the Ttes. Requirements include (subject to fees):
 - Registered Lease/Sublease
 - AOA completed

Building Permit is required to construct any building on the Ttes. Requirements include (subject to fees):
 - Registered Lease/Sublease
 - Registered professional oversight of building process.
 - BC Building Code compliance.
 - Kamloops Fire & Rescue requirements (to be met).
 - Health Canada approval.

Permit requirements will take approximately 1 month to complete.